Thursday, February 11, 2016

Dancing along the River Siene

On this warm afternoon in Paris last June [2015], me and my group of five friends had been exploring Paris all day and took a break by taking a cruise on the river. For around $16 it was worth it!  YES, it was a bit of a bear to try to find the boat and, yes, there was running involved, but again it was well worth it.  

We passed many a sales stand along the river. I still need to purchase some weird artifact, like an old newspaper, or drawing, maybe some odd thing from one of the many sales stands that line the Siene here and there. Hmmm... I did buy a small engraved gold colored lock.  Which now is permanently attached to my backyard fence.  Now that I think of it, I need to find it on the fence and post a pic.


Here are some fun facts about the River Siene, it's approximately 485 miles long and stars from the northeastern side of Burgundy, France.  Side note: Burgundy is knows for producing some of the BEST wines in all of France! 


And, if you are lucky take a river cruise on a random hot spring or summer at sunset and you will find lots of locals dancing and enjoying the french sunsets along the Siene, along with local musicians and the occasional tango dancer or two - check them out here!  I took this pic of some dancers and locals last June. Ooh la la how fun!



This photo was from a link I found about dancing along the River Siene at the banks of Saint Bernard.  How lovely!


No comments:

Post a Comment