Friday, February 19, 2016

Countdown: 120 days 'til Paris!

As of today, I am 120 days from Paris!  I drive to work listening to the Amelie soundtrack on Spotify, and envision Tour Eiffel everywhere in the horizon.  Meanwhile, Paris and things of Paris continue to come to me.

The other day I met a young lady who was oh so excited to tell me of her upcoming European backpacking adventure in June.  She will spend a month and a half and be traveling all over Europe - LUCKY GIRL!  She will be spending four days in my Paris!  


As we sat and excitedly told each other about our trips, I realized that I had many 'secret' tips to offer her.  I've decided to add those travel tips on my blog to help out any travelers who may come across my site.  I will entitle such tips under "secret travel tips."  Although, I'm sure, many of these tips are not secret.  They were great tips that I found for my trips to France.

Just this morning, my friend gave me a cute mirror.  She said, "Someone gave me this super cute mirror that made me think of you!  It has an Eiffel Tower on it and some buildings." See pic for the cutest little souvenir mirror, which is now in my purse for daily usage. Yay me! Merci mi ami, Michelle!


Travel Tip of the Day:  Search around Paris for different prices on cute little souvenirs, such as this mirror and the MANY Eiffel Tower souvenir's all over Paris.  Different prices abide.  I found that I could get way better deals in local shops, rather than the throngs of Nigerian guys that troll the Eiffel Tower with rings full of Eiffel Towers.  Skip those guys!  Oh, and a taxi driver told me to avoid the rickshaw guys too for safety and cost.  They cost around $20 USD for short trips, where as a taxi costs half of that, and of course, the Metro costs less than $2 USD for just about anywhere. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment