Monday, March 14, 2016

Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulai

I'm a HUGE fan of the Amelie movie, but of course! When I visited Paris the first time in 2014, after a failed search for Edith Piaf at Pere Lachese Cemeterie, I was adamant about NOT leaving France without finding Amelie's Cafe - aka: Cafe des 2 Moulins. 
Surprisingly, this cafe was located within walking distance, up Rue Lepic from Moulin Rouge.  We stopped in for a quick midnight coffee and crepe. Don't judge - I'm in Paris! Where else could you order yummy crepes and coffee at midnight?!
The cafe has a bright red awning and an oval picture of pixi-is, bob hair cutted, Amelie in the window. The Travelocity gnome is at the bar and there are pics of beautiful Audrey Tautou in all her Amelie glory all over the place. Since the place was about to close, it wasn't crowded and we got our food and coffee fairly quick. 
It was a bit freaky to see the famous foggy windowed door where the two patrons had a quick tea pot screaming fling located in the cafe - lol. When we went there were no souvenirs to buy regarding the movie.  I noted on Gourmantic that you can now buy the table covers depicting scenes from the movie. The café sells a set of 10 for 3 €. I MUST have these table covers when I return in June.  This is a MUST!
The peeps from Gourmantic ordered a croque=monsieur fraicheur du maraicher.  The photo looks UHMAZINGSINGLY delicious!  This is going to be another MUST HAVE/DO in June! Check out the pic from there website: 
While searching online, I found that Clare Caulfield painted this adorable artwork of Cafe des 2 Moulins.  How cute is this?! I'm thinking my kind readers MUST order this print, as the cafe looks JUST like this pretty water color:
Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulai will be Le fabuleux destin d'Sandra!


No comments:

Post a Comment